With prom season right around the corner, high school girls are stressing about who is going to ask them and what dress they will choose…Well let me tell you girls, it’s really no reason to panic; go to prom to have fun!!!If you don’t have a special guy in your life, there’s nothing wrong with going to prom with your best gal pals. Just dive in and enjoy your experience – whatever that may be.
I have a few tips that’ll help you get you through pre-prom planning and the big day.
1. Keep it Classy. You’re going to prom and you want to keep your reputation in check. Wear a nice dress, but don’t show too much skin. I promise, you will regret it later if you do… Be confident and be yourself!
2. Toss the Gloss. Let’s leave the frosty lipgloss at home. We are in high school now and sometimes you can step out of your comfort zone and do that bold red lip you’ve been pinning on Pinterest for the past few months. Make sure you play up your assets- if you have great eyes, make your eyelashes long and lush. If you have great cheekbones, highlight them with a little shimmer. And whatever you do please don’t go tanning – you don’t want to look like a pumpkin in your pictures.
3. This is NOT a Drill. Your worst nightmare just happened. Someone stepped on the back of your dress. It’s ripped. Stay calm. There’s nothing you can do that will completely repair it, but a temporary fix is possible. Make sure you bring a mini emergency kit that night. Safety pins & a little fashion tape can go a long way. Just throw some bobby pins, lip balm, safety pins and tape in a cute clutch (or your dress pocket if you have one!) and you’re good to go!
4. Picture Perfect. Planning out where you are going to take prom pictures and with who is always a great idea. Appoint a leader of the group you’re going with so you can have fun and not worry about all the details. Some fun locations might be downtown, at a barn, or my favorite- on the lake!
5. For my Tall Ladies. Let’s face it girls – we aren’t likely wearing high heels like our 5’4 friends are to this event. Look for a stylish flat or sandal & you will not only be able to dance the night away, this is one night where all the girls will be our same height! There are some great options on Zappos, Shoe Buy & Nordstrom.
6. Again for my Tall Ladies. This is literally the most fun purchase you could make in your tall life. Prom dresses are made for girls that are around six feet. Side note: I know this because I work at a prom store and it’s the coolest thing ever. But anyways, the best styles for us are dresses that have some sort of neck line. Whether that be a halter, or just spaghetti straps it really makes a difference on our broad shoulders.
Hopefully all of these tips come in handy some way or another. I hope you enjoy your time at prom and get a chance to dance the night away! Comment if you have any questions or just want to show me some pictures of your dress! 🙂
P.S. I got asked to prom last night and it inspired the theme of this blog!
P.P.S. Make an appointment at Bliss Bridal and we can pick out your prom dress together! Request me as your stylist.