Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there! Today we had a lovely brunch that was celebrated with my whole family. In our whole family, we have 11. I have no cousins or siblings, but on a day like today, that doesn’t matter! We are celebrating our mothers and all that they do for us. My mother is my best friend and I am proud to say that. Today I want to talk about a few reasons why I am so thankful for my mother.
- She makes me a better me. Before I go out to anything, my mom always looks me over to make sure I am the most appropriate and classy person I can be. Usually I get annoyed and don’t listen to what she has to say, but recently I have learned to listen to my mom and hear her opinion. She knows best. If something doesn’t look right, she will tell me, and I will listen now. I love my mom for voicing her opinion.
- She taught me how to be strong. I haven’t had the best of luck with friends in my life time, but my mom has taught me how to come out of those situations stronger than before. “Just keep your head held high and don’t listen to what others think of you”
- She is willing to do anything for me. Whether it is running something I forgot to school or helping me edit a paper, she will do it, no questions asked. That is something I really admire about her and hope I will do one day as well.
- She’s my best friend. Some people say that, “Oh my mom is my best friend”. But they don’t mean it like I do when I say it. My mom is my best friend. We do everything together and tell each other everything. I don’t know what I’ll do without her in the Fall when I go off to college…
- She is my role model. She is the most beautiful person inside and out and I would trade that for anything. I look up to her for her positivity and creativity.
We both wore our pink today from J. Crew to Vineyard Vines. If you have questions where either of us got an item, just let me know in the comments below! 🙂
I am also thankful for my friends moms that have become a second mother to me. Especially Thea, all of this applies to you as well.
As Meghan Trainor said in her song Mom, “You might have a mom, she might be the bombBut ain’t nobody got a mom like mine, Her love’s ’til the end, she’s my best friend, Ain’t nobody got a mom like mine”…
What are you thankful for your mom for? Let me know in the comments below.